Thursday, August 13, 2009
The day after my birthday.
Yesterday was a good day. I had a good day. My family worked hard to help it to be good. I am thankful for them being so kind to me. I also talked to all my brothers and sister yesterday( All be it two of them after 10 pm, yes I am 1 HOUR ahead of you), lol just kidding. I am so glad they all called. I sure love them. I also talked to my parents twice yesterday. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the time to call. The only thing I would change is the chicken needed to be done sooner, and that was my fault. I need to start it 2 hours before I want to serve it. All though it was very good. I cooked the chicken over top hot charcoal, the skin was golden and crisp, I flipped it twice to make sure it was done all the way through. Then when I know the chicken is cooked I start coating it with BBQ sauce. I coat the top side let it set for about 5 min. then I flip it and coat the new top side, then flip it and repeat every 5 minutes. The thing that happens that my family really likes is you get several layers of thickened BBQ sauce on each side. Then when I take it off I give the top a final slathering of sauce. Can you say, WOW that's good. Because even though it was late coming off the grill, it was well worth the wait. OK I am going to eat some for breakfast. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish we could have had some. We have a no burn ban, so we can't cook with charcoal or camp fires. We don't get a good piece of meat very often. We eat a lot of mixed dishes. It is okay, but a good simple plan meal would be great. I miss the grilling. And yours is the best! I know, it is well worth waiting for. The little things we take for granite.
ReplyDeleteI miss the family. I wish we could have all got together for you and John's birthdays. I miss hearing you all laugh, tell stories of things you did, and especailly when we could get into deep gospel doctrine.
My testimony of the Book of Mormon has really grown since we have been here. I appreciate you, John, and Nathan for setting the example and the importance of missionary work. Our family is important, and I want others to know that their family is important. I get that opportunity here. Seeing families doing things together. We have several family reunions here and see how much fun they have.
Love you. Have a good night. Give the children hugs for us.
Happy Birthday Brett! I wished you were here to grill chicken for us and then play some hand & foot into the wee hours of the night!
ReplyDeleteYou said"( All be it two of them after 10 pm, yes I am 1 HOUR ahead of you), lol just kidding" I say: Hey that’s not fair. I called way before ten but you were up to your elbows in chicken and Karen said to call you back. Finally @ 10:18 We did have a great conversation for the half hour. Happy to hear all is well. Happy b-day
ReplyDelete