Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

Well I wrote this and for some reason it didn't post so here it is now.

Will it is December 25, nighttime. I am laying in bed resting from a long day of everything. I am wiped out. I have had a pretty good day today, and hope next year will be better. Most of the sane world knows Christ was not born on this day, I think he was born some time early April. Although this is not his official birthday, I am glad we have a day set aside that we can celebrate this great event. I am thankful that I have an understanding of who my Father-in-heaven is, and an understanding (small I am sure) of the atonement of his son. Everyday my life is better because of this knowledge, it enriches me, and makes me a better me.
In some of the Polls I read in Face Book about religion and Christ, and I read some of the comments about if Christ was real then this world would be a better place, and blah blah blah. This idea comes from an incorrect view of who our Father is and why we are on Earth. God has taught us everything we need to know to have peace on earth and how to live a happy and fulfilling life. The problem is people think they know more than him and don't want to listen, or decide to follow a different path. When people do that it leads to unhappiness, and war. Which are the opposite of what God offers. I am great full for the peace God gives me when I choose to follow his teachings. A fulfilling life is not found in owning things, and making sure we have the same or better things than the neighbors. A true fulfilling life is one that has Christ at its center. When we are self's (and I see people teaching this to their children all the time) are trying to keep p with the neighbors or those at school/work our fulfilment is often fleeting and only lasts as long as we are in the lead. When our life is centered in Christ it doesn't matter what others have, your life is full because of the love you feel from God and the love you have to share with others. I have really learned to understand the scripture 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

4 aCharity bsuffereth long, and is ckind; charity denvieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself aunseemly, seeketh not her bown, is not easily cprovoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in ainiquity, but rejoiceth in the btruth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never afaileth:...

If you have a hard time understanding this change Charity to love and it will help. Just keep in mind that Charity is pure love, not conditional love. When we truly have love in our heart we are kind, we are not jealous, we are slow to anger and quick to forgive. This is the way I want to be. I want to learn to forgive everything, to love no matter the offence. I want to always be kind, to everyone. I know that people will take advantage of that, some wont care and think me an idiot because of it. But there will be those few that will appreciate it, and it is those that I want to be in my circle of friends. Those that are trying them self's to be like this. The others I will learn to quickly forgive and not be unkind to. I hope to always be giving, even as Christ is always giving to me, no matter my offence.

Well anyways, that is enough for tonight. I hope everyone had a happy Christmas. Mine was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment