Well I am setting on my bed, with a big scowl on my face. I am in such a bad mood! I can't exactly put my finger on the cause, I don't think it is just one thing. My wife and kids have been really tolerable of my mood, and today hasn't been a bad day. Maybe some of it has to do with the three hours of bad sleep I had last night. In fact I am sure that is part of it. Have I said on here that I enjoy reading. That was a quick subject change. :)
I am working my way through all nine of the Dune novels right now. I think my favorite fantasy set of books are written by R.A. Salvatore (http://www.rasalvatore.com/). One of his Characters is Drizzt. I like the struggle the character goes through in the beginning, with his fight against what his true nature ought to be, and becoming something greater because of his willingness to sacrifice his self for the betterment of those around him. I also think that is why I liked the Twilight series also.
I think that if all of us were more willing to give and sacrifice our wants for the betterment of those around us this world would be such a better place. hmm.
I have a really good friend (I tell people he is one of my best friends). He is going to give me a gift card to a store for a lot of money so I can get a new laptop. I am really struggling with this. I don't want him to think, and I hope he doesn't think that I am his friend for this. Every thing I know about my friend though shows me this is his personality. He seems to be willing to think more of others and do all he can to help people. My life is better because of him. He is not the same religion as I am, but he really sets a good example for me on how I ought to be. How all of us ought to be.
Anyway I think I can keep blabbing but I will give it a rest. I hope everyone is in a better mood than I am. Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment