OK I have some repenting to do. I have seriously neglected my blog. Why you ask? Well let me tell you. First off I have been thinking about writing more in it, and then one of my best buddies called me last week and said I haven't written in it for a while so he needed to call to see how I was doing. And that is why I am taking the time to now repent and correct my slaw full ways. Well that being said, I am now going to update my life. I went out to Utah about 1 month ago to visit my family and to do what I could to help my parents after my moms knee replacement. I had a great time being there. I lack the vocabulary to express how much it meant to me to see my brothers and sister again and to spend time with them. I really love them. along with that seeing my Nessie's and nephews was frosting on the cake. I want them to know that their Uncle Brett really loves them, and they are in my thoughts and prayers. Being around my parents and feeling there love for me helped to renew and refresh my spirit. I don't talk about it often and far less than I feel it, but at times I really get discouraged, I think Bilbo Baggins said it best when he said he felt like butter spread to thin on bread. I don't think that is an exact quote but close enough for what I mean. So anyways being around them really helped my mental condition. I also went to the temple. It was harder on me this time physically than it ever had been, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. But I did, and I know the Lord helped me through it. Now after all this my trip was complete. so the next two events are added bonuses. Bones number one: I went to lunch with my mission presidents wife Sister Campbell. President Campbell passed aways a few years ago. Sister Campbell and I had a good time, and lots of conversation. Bones number two: The first new missionary I trained is Charles Basham. He and I became the greatest of friends, I love him like my own siblings. We served with each other for 4 months (I think it was, with out checking), he was transferred just before Christmas. I had not talked with him since my mission, and I have often thought about him. I had tried on several occasions to get in contact with him, but was unable to. Well I recently started doing more on face book, and I decided to try and find him through there. And I did. I sent his face book address a letter. It read something to the effect of: "Hi my name is Brett Long, I am looking for an old friend of mine. If you are he please write me back, if not I am sorry for having bothered you." Well I hadn't got a response back and that was a few months ago, so I was under the impression that it wasn't him. Well while in Utah I received a mail from him saying that it was him. so I sent a letter back telling him I was in Utah for 3 more days and I would really like to see him before I went back to Kentucky. I gave him my home phone and my Dads cell phone. The next day I got a call from him. The Saturday before I flew back to Kentucky he and his wife came to visit me. It was AWESOME. Again I lack the vocabulary to express how much it meant to me to see him again. We sat and visited and it was like we had always done that. It felt like part of my family had returned. If visiting with sister Campbell was the wiped cream on my milkshake, then Charlie was defiantly the cherry on top. He was a great companion and is a great friend. I have a few friends in my life that when we talk even if it has been a while, it seems that we have always been talking. I am not sure if I am doing a good job of explaining it. It as if we always have been and always will be friends, no questions asked. It is those type of friends I am particularly grateful for. Dan, Charley, Willis, and Jason are a few I can think of off the top of my head. If you didn't make the list, keep trying. LOL just kidding. I am very grateful for all my friends. Good friends are hard to find and should always be cherished. I am glad I have some, also I am glad I can say that my family (including parents and siblings) is among some of my best friends.
Well That is saying allot. I do feel the need to mention that I also include my Savior Jesus the Christ in that group of very best friends. I could not imagine my life with out him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's about time you updated. I was beginning to think you had forgot your password. We sure loved having you with us for a couple of weeks. They went by way too fast. Jameson is still talking about his Uncle Brett...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, good to hear from you again.
ReplyDelete