Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Feeling good today!

Well here I am setting in my chair in front of the T.V..   My two oldest are already gone to school, my youngest two are going to leave in 2 minutes.  My wife is already off too.  So I soon will be alone again.  That is OK though, being alone doesn't bother me.  I like the quite.  I was up until almost 2 a.m. this morning.  I was dreading the thought of going to bed.  Karen got up around 1 and asked what I was still doing up.  I told her that I was avoiding going to sleep.  She asked why, and I said because that means I will have to wake up.  Now some one that reads this may not understand what I mean so I will try to enlighten you. :)  About 10 years ago I was rear ended at a stop sign.  For the next two years I never got better.  I would go to the neurologist and he would give me more pain medications and send me home.  Finally after two years of this he decided to do some testing.  One thing they checked was my SED rate.  The Doctor told me 0 to 30 was normal, I was at 67.  He said I had some serious problems., and I needed to go see a specialist.  I went to see a Doctor in Nashville, Tn. at Vanderbilt.  He diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondylitis.  This Doctor has earned my complete respect.  He taught me about this condition and has spent all the time with me I needed to talk to me and help me.  Well six years latter a girl ran a stop sign and ... well to make a long story short.  I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.  I was soon told that my back was fractured in two places, at the base of my neck and between my shoulders. Since that day my body hurts more that not.  So any way for the last week or so every morning I wake up I have had neck spasms and a head ache.  So, I wasn't looking forward to getting up this morning. So if I never went to sleep, I wouldn't have to wake up and feel like that again. I know sounds silly.  So any way it was around 2 this morning when I went to bed. I took my medications and laid in bed until i dozed off.  I got up this morning at 6:20 and no neck pains. My prayers were heard last night.  I am a little sleepy, I may take a nap.  Today I have to finish reloading a computer for a friend, and tonight we are going over to a friends house for family home evening. I will let you know how that goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment