Well it has been a few days since my last entry. It has been a busy few days. My wife graduated from the nearby University with a degree in teaching. I am really proud of her. I am proud of my whole family, all of us have sacrificed and worked together so she can get her certification.
Well I said I will talk about the one thing that has the greatest impact in my life and influences every decision I make. My faith has that great of an influence over me. My faith in who I am, why I am here, and who I believe I can become. I believe I am a child of a loving Father in heaven. I lived with him before this life; I chose to come here to learn about choices, to gain a body, and to exercise faith. He gave me commandments so that I can learn obedience. So I can live my life in such a way that I will have confidence to ask for his help when I need it, also his commandments help to increase my freedom of choice. Father knew that there would be times I would fail to keep his directions, so he provided a way for me to change, and to remove the effects that my actions have on me. This is called the Atonement, and it was performed by Jesus the Christ. He took upon him all the effects of my sins. Because of this I can return to live with my father in heaven. I have learned that true peace is found in this belief. I can sit on the beach and see the waves coming in, watch the sunset, and feel peace. As soon as I leave the beach the peace is gone and the problems of the world return. I don't have to sit on that beach to feel the peace it brings. Because of my faith I have peace inside me always. I also have a marriage that is bound together by Gods power. The only thing that will end my marriage is my choice to do so. Death cannot divide my family, nothing can. That is why my faith is higher than my family. Because of my faith, my family will always be, my family. Because of the peace I have my faith will always be greater than my Disease. No matter the pain I am in or the embarrassment I feel. I can always have peace in my heart, and know God loves me.
So there it is in a nut shell. I hope everyone has peace in their lives. Well I am going to eat some hot wings for lunch and they smell done. Bye
Well put!
ReplyDeleteBrett, I am so proud of you. I want you to know that you have been an example to me and I have a lot of admiration for you. I hope and pray that someday the pain will be gone and you well be made whole.
ReplyDeleteEven though I am your mother, you influence me a lot. I try to be more positive, loving and understanding of others just because of you. I know how strong your faith is, your testimony of life and the gospel. And because of it, I am where I am today. Thank you for your inspiration. I sure do love you and proud of you. I tell everyone about you and how strong you are. So willing to give of your time, service, spirit and not a well person yourself. Totally unselfish. The world would be a much better place if people were more like you. Give your children a hug for me. Thanks.